Sunday – or should I say Monday – is the day! Time zones are a weird thing sometimes, aren’t they?
Anyway, it’s the day The X Files will be back!
I never thought Mulder and Scully would be back again on my telly, but they are. I really hope the show has gotten even better with age (or stayed the same, that would be alright as well). And fingers crossed that I will find a way watch it and I won’t have to wait until February. I can’t avoid social media for a month.
To celebrate the return of one of my favourite TV shows I thought it would be nice to list five reasons why I am really happy and excited about it being back.
Here they are:
- The X Files is bringing together so many things I like and think are entertaining: aliens (guess why I love Doctor Who so much), conspiracy theories, thrilling stories and great, lovable but also somehow weird characters. Why wouldn’t I be happy about it being back?
- I love a lot that brings me back to my childhood (and I’m talking single-digit here) and this is on of the things. Watching the new episodes will remind me of how I tried to at least hear the new ones from the hallway when I should have been in bed alread. Yes, I was a strange child, but watching adult shows was so much more fun than the kids ones. My parents gave up keeping me from doing it one day. Hopefully I won’t be dissappointed with this sequel and won’t be wishing I was watching Heidi.
- I still want to know what’s really going on between Scully and Mulder. I’m quite sure we won’t find out this time, but I still love the “chase”.
- I can’t wait for the amusing fandom fights between the “old” and the “new” fans. Twitter will be fun, I need a list to stalk people. Did I mention I’m weird often enough yet?
- And last, but not least: It’s a great excuse to re-watch all the old episodes. So, excuse me whilst I’m taking a trip down memory lane to encounter some aliens.
By the way, X Files was the reason why I wanted to become a forensic doctor for while, when I was about 9 or 10. Just to make me sound even weirder.
If you’re not as excited as I am, watch the trailer below and I hope then you will be eager to watch it too.
The US premier of the first of the new episodes will be on January 24th on FOX. In Germany the new episodes will start on February 8th on ProSieben. In the UK it will air on Channel 5 in February as well.
Will you be watching? Enjoy it my friends and let me know if you liked it. And if you’re a true believer yourself.
I want to believe!